The ISODP Scientific awards are designed to help offset expenses incurred to attend the Congress and is awarded based on the scientific merit of applicants. Therefore, recipients must attend the Congress in order to receive the grant. If an awardee is selected for a scientific award, but does not attend the meeting, the monies of the award will be forfeited.
To be eligible for a Scientific Award, an individual must
- Submit at least one abstract as a presenting author.
- Be a trainee, allied health professional or be a resident of one of the TTS’s developing economic countries. As such, must be within two (2) years of completion of their training and/or fellowship or able to demonstrate proof of your AHP status and or residency.
- Be a member of the ISODP and TTS. If an applicant is not a member of the International Society for Organ Donation and Procurement or The Transplantation Society, a membership application must be completed on the TTS website, www.tts.org/join-tts and accepted in order for the award application to be reviewed and considered. The membership application must be prior to applying for the award.
- A supporting letter must be submitted as a part of the award application. This letter must be signed by the applicant's Training Program Director or Supervisor to verify the grant applicant’s status as a young investigator/allied health professional/resident of the applicable country. Authors will not be considered for an award if the required letter is not sent. The grant applicant MUST be the presenting author. No exceptions will be made.
- Attend the ISODP Business meeting scheduled during the Congress to receive the award.
Process for awarding the grant
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract's degree of excellence (top score), as determined by the Council of the ISODP.
- Every effort will be made by the ISODP to award at least one scientific award to an applicant from each of the six TTS geographic regions. The geographic regions are North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East & Africa and Oceania.
- Awards will not exceed a maximum amount of $2,000 USD per awardee.
- Awardees must be able to receive the awards via USD bank transfer.
How to apply
- Login to your account (https://confman.isodp2015.org)
- Complete your profile information
- Submit your abstract
- On your dashboard, you will see a box indicating "Travel Grant". Click on the box and complete the requested information.